Gpupdate not updating

01-Feb-2020 01:32

I get the following when I do a gpupdate: Windows failed to apply the Folder Redirection settings. When I check the Event Log, I see the following: Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-Folder Redirection Date: 4/12/2012 PM Event ID: 511 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: RCMHOSPITAL\abryant Computer: RCMHws IT.rcmhospital.local Description: Failed to process policy info.Folder Redirection settings might have its own log file. Error details: "The system cannot find the file specified. Windows attempted to read the file \DOMAIN.com\Sys Vol\DOMAIN.com\Policies\from a domain controller and was not successful.Details Tab: - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Group Policy [ Guid] Event ID 1058 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 1 Keywords 0x8000000000000000 - Time Created [ System Time] 2010-10-12T.605891000Z Event Record ID 59315 - Correlation [ Activity ID] - Execution [ Process ID] 400 [ Thread ID] 1780 Channel System Computer computer.b) File Replication Service Latency (a file created on another domain controller has not replicated to the current domain controller).

gpupdate not updating-64gpupdate not updating-58

This issue may be transient and could be caused by one or more of the following: a) Name Resolution/Network Connectivity to the current domain controller.

As explained in this article on Technet: The lack of Object Access auditing is expected: as soon as you start applying Advanced Audit Configuration Policy, legacy policies will be completely ignored.

Addendum] I realize this is an older question, and that you resolved the issue a different way, however, the reason it wasn't working originally was due to "Audit: Force audit policy subcategory settings" being enabled.

So it looks like it’s being set on twee places, I choose to start with removing it from the Machine Policy.

You can find this setting in: Computer configuration /Policies /Windows Components /Remote Desktop Services /Remote Desktop Session Host /Profiles /Set path for Remote Desktop Services Home Directory I set this policy to not configured.

This issue may be transient and could be caused by one or more of the following: a) Name Resolution/Network Connectivity to the current domain controller.

As explained in this article on Technet: The lack of Object Access auditing is expected: as soon as you start applying Advanced Audit Configuration Policy, legacy policies will be completely ignored.

Addendum] I realize this is an older question, and that you resolved the issue a different way, however, the reason it wasn't working originally was due to "Audit: Force audit policy subcategory settings" being enabled.

So it looks like it’s being set on twee places, I choose to start with removing it from the Machine Policy.

You can find this setting in: Computer configuration /Policies /Windows Components /Remote Desktop Services /Remote Desktop Session Host /Profiles /Set path for Remote Desktop Services Home Directory I set this policy to not configured.

So, if you know for sure the exact update that does this, please comment.